If you suspect a safeguarding concern – it is important to report it to the correct person as soon as possible
Should you have concerns about abuse directed towards a child or vulnerable adult:
1. Discuss with a member of our team or our safeguarding lead
2. If you are concerned about a child, contact the NSPCC on 0808 800 5000
3. Contact the safeguarding team at the local council 0161 770 7777
The safeguarding lead at The Jalal Practice is Dr Atifa Jalal
If you suspect a person is at immediate risk of harm, call 999 and speak to the police.
You can contact the MASH from 8:40am – 5:00pm on Monday – Friday.
Make an online referral:
- Child safeguarding referral - Report concerns about the welfare or well-being of a child or young person to the Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) or to request Early Help Services.
- Request support from adult social care - Refer yourself or someone you know for a Care Act assessment for care and support, or report a safeguarding concern for a vulnerable adult.
Out of hours
For urgent concerns outside office hours, you can call the Emergency Duty Team: