|Miss Ramish Ali (f)|
We are pleased to welcome a new clinician to our expanding team.
Ramish Ali is our Physician Associate. She is a medically trained, generalist healthcare professional, who works alongside doctors and provides medical care as an integral part of our multidisciplinary team.
Physician associates are practitioners working with a dedicated medical supervisor but are available to work autonomously with appropriate support.
What Do Physician Associates Do?
Physician associates work within a defined scope of practice and limits of competence. They:
- take medical histories from patients
- carry out physical examinations
- see patients with undifferentiated diagnoses
- see patients with long-term chronic conditions
- formulate differential diagnoses and management plans
- perform diagnostic and therapeutic procedures
- develop and deliver appropriate treatment and management plans
- request and interpret diagnostic studies
- provide health promotion and disease prevention advice for patients.
Currently, physician associates are not able to:
- request ionising radiation (e.g., chest x-ray or CT scan).