At The Jalal Practice we treat all patients and their families with respect, we ask that all our patients and relatives do the same with all our staff. The reception staff will triage your call when calling into the practice to book you with the correct clinician for your concern. The reception staff are required to do this so that you can get the best possible care.
We are not a training practice currently, we do fully encourage PCN working and training for all staff.
We are aware that at busy times waiting on the telephone can be frustrating, and at times of illness people can be worried and upset, however we hold a zero tolerance policy on abuse to any staff. Shouting, foul language or aggressive behaviour is not acceptable and can result in us asking you to leave the practice.
|Miss Ramish Ali (f)
Ramish Ali is our Physician Associate. She is a medically trained, generalist healthcare professional, who works alongside doctors and provides medical care as an integral part of our multidisciplinary team.
Physician associates are practitioners working with a dedicated medical supervisor but are available to work autonomously with appropriate support.
What Do Physician Associates Do?
Physician associates work within a defined scope of practice and limits of competence. They:
- take medical histories from patients
- carry out physical examinations
- see patients with undifferentiated diagnoses
- see patients with long-term chronic conditions
- formulate differential diagnoses and management plans
- perform diagnostic and therapeutic procedures
- develop and deliver appropriate treatment and management plans
- request and interpret diagnostic studies
- provide health promotion and disease prevention advice for patients.
Currently, physician associates are not able to:
- request ionising radiation (e.g., chest x-ray or CT scan).
Contact number 0161 652 5811
Contact number 0300 323 0464
The District Nurses also run clinics at several Health Centres throughout Oldham, including the Integrated Care Centre.
Contact number 0161 770 5283
The health visiting team can be contacted via Oldham Right Start Team.